WE WANT TO HEAR FROM YOU! What does an HIV cure mean to you and your partner? What factors would affect your participation in research where the HIV+ partner stops taking HIV medication?
We are conducting a study on perceptions of participation in HIV cure
research among HIV serodiscordant couples and would appreciate it if
you can share information with anyone who may be interested.
Please see the graphic or read the information
We are conducting focus group discussions with couples in HIV serodiscordant relationships (relationships where one partner has HIV and the other does not) to understand the factors that might affect their participation in an HIV cure-related clinical study where one partner stops taking HIV medications as part of participation in a clinical trial (Analytic Treatment Interruption).
You are eligible for this study if:
- You are at least 18 years of age
- You live in the United States
- You are willing to give your opinion about HIV cure-related research and HIV treatment interruptions
- You are in a known HIV serodiscordant relationship (one partner has HIV and one does not)
- You identify as a sexual, racial/ethnic and/or gender minority
- You are comfortable discussing HIV cure-related research with other individuals in HIV serodiscordant relationships
- You are able to fully participate in an entirely online or in-person confidential discussion
- You are willing to keep information shared in the focus groups confidential
You and your partner will be compensated $50 each for your time and participation in this online study. The focus group discussion will last for approximately 90 minutes.
Study participation is completely voluntary and your decision to participate will not affect your care. If you are interested in participating, please call Danielle at (424) 241-2115 for more information before October 1, 2020.
Focus Group Discussion Co-Investigators:
Danielle M. Campbell, Charles R. Drew University of Medicine and Science
Karine Dubé, UNC Gillings School of Global Public Health, Chapel Hill, NC