Join Our Team!
Come join us! From time to time new employment opportunities come up. If there aren’t any listings here, come back and check another time.
Youth, Family, and Education Services Coordinator
Position Title: Youth, Family, and Education Services Coordinator
Location: Salt Lake City, UT
Term: Permanent 20-25 hours a week
Rate of pay: $18.00 – $22.00 per hour
Reports to: Director of Youth, Family, & Education
Youth & Family Programs Coordinator
The Youth, Family, and Education Programs (YFE) at the Utah Pride Center (UPC) strives to center young folx at the core of all our work. We’re looking for an individual who is creative, open to input, and a decisive leader. We want someone who can work with youth, families, schools, and community from the position of a youth advocate. The Youth, Family, and Education Programs Coordinator works with the Youth, Family, and Education Director in meetings and interactions with the participants and larger LGBTQ+ community. The Youth, Family, and Education Programs Coordinator should be able to take feedback, assess the needs of the programs, and build input on the future the Youth, Family, and Education Programs.
This position functions as part of a team of program staff including adult programming and community programming. The team is supported by facilitators and volunteers. As a team we like to approach our work collaboratively.
- Develop and implement programs at the direction of the Youth, Family & Education Director
- Coordinate weekly social and support groups for LGBTQIA+ youth (ages 0-22) and families
- Conduct orientations for youth and families
- Provide support for occasional department-wide events including but not limited to conferences, trainings, and presentations
- You will be a Mandated Reporter
- Responds to crisis calls Monday-Friday, and/or as needed
- Meticulously documents crisis interventions, complying with UPC guidelines. Maintain confidential documentation.
- Community Partnerships
- Develop New Partnerships with Community Organizations
- Maintain and Grow Current Partnerships with Community Organizations
Preferences for Candidates (Not Required)
- Strong knowledge of LGBTQIA+ communities and issues; high sense of responsibility and commitment to UPC mission
- Must be capable of empathy
- Excellent written and oral communication skills and presentation skills
- Must have work experience with young children, teens, families, and caregivers
- Demonstrated commitment to social, racial, and gender justice
- Expansive understanding of intersectionality, power, and privilege
- Demonstrated ability to work with a diverse staff in a multicultural environment
- Computer literacy required (Word, Excel, and Office)
- Flexible schedule: ability to work nights and some weekends
- Spanish speaking a plus
Compensation and Hours:
The Youth, Family, and Education Programs Coordinator position is part-time non-benefited position. On average you will work 20-25 hours per week, however, you will be expected to work occasional events with appropriate compensation. You will be notified at least two weeks in advance of any upcoming events. Compensation starts between $18-$22 an hour.
Utah Pride Center is a proudly queer, anti-racist, affirmative action employer. Our commitment is to provide and sustain a diverse work environment that reflects the community we serve. All employment decisions at UPC are based on professional needs, job requirements, and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV status, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in Utah state. If you need assistance or an accommodation during the application process because of a disability, it is available upon request. UPC is pleased to provide such assistance, and no applicant will be penalized as a result of such a request. Visit our website at www.utahpridecenter.org/.
Candidates for employment at Utah Pride Center should be aware that this is a unique work environment in which topics of sexuality, sexual orientation, and gender identity are an integral part of our day-to-day community interactions. Individuals who are uncomfortable with such topics, discussions, and the occasional related graphic representations may choose not to work at UPC.
Email resume and cover letter to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing date: As soon as filled.