Current Job Postings
Position Title: Operations Manager
Location: Salt Lake City, UT
Term: Permanent 30hrs (with potential to grow)
Rate of pay: $40,000.00 with benefits (with potential to grow)
Reports to: Executive Director
The Utah Pride Center is looking for a competent operations manager to perform various administrative and clerical tasks. This is a demanding role that incorporates not only keeping our Community Center safe and operational, but also coordinating strategy for the Center and data collection. Our Pride Center is a fun, exciting and wonderfully rewarding place to work. We are looking for someone who will join us and add to our work culture and environment.
- Be engaged in providing, modeling, and training community leadership for the organization.
- As a member of the management team, contribute to important policy, planning, and strategy decisions.
- Identify and address problems and opportunities for the organization.
- Support employee communication with the management team.
- Help promote a culture that encourages a passionate work ethics and high morale.
- Analyze process workflow, employee and space requirements and equipment layout.
- Maintain inventory, equipment, and resource needs for the building and each department.
- Maintain updated job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities, professional publications, and growing personal and community networks.
- Oversee a team of people consisting of Front Desk Specialists; UPC Contractors; Vendors; Social Media and Communications team, etc.
- Function as the liaison between all departments within the UPC to ensure that they are pursuing their strategic objectives; help collect data reflective of their development.
- Participate in team Performance Review interviews.
- Front Desk Specialists oversight includes:
- Check on the creation and distribution of the weekly Pride Center calendar / schedule (Facebook and Website).
- Oversee calendar, room requests, and building maintenance through Front Desk team.
- Help coordinate UPC /Community Events in the Pride Center.
- Assist as the UPC Orientation facilitator for new staff.
- Collect, analyze, and communicate community issues and feedback with the UPC team, as well as help strategize improved UPC guest experiences.
- Assist HR with recruiting when necessary or with information gathering as needed.
- Communicate with legal counsel, insurance agents and all departments to ensure all processes remain compliant with OSHA and other governmental regulations.
Thank you for your interest. This job listing is now closed. We are in the process of reviewing the applications we’ve received. Thank you!
The Youth & Family Programs (YFP) at the Utah Pride Center (UPC) strives to center young folks at the core of all our work. We’re looking for an individual who is creative, open to input, and a decisive leader. We want someone who can work with youth and families from the position of a youth advocate. The Youth & Family Programs Director represents the Utah Pride Center and the Youth & Family Programs in all meetings and interactions. They should be able to code switch between youth, parents, educators, and community partners. The Youth & Family Programs Director should be able to take feedback, assess the needs of the programs, and direct the future the Youth & Family Programs.
As a member of the management team, this person is expected to collaborate in developing a shared vision and a strategic plan to further our mission and expand our base of support with the public, professional organizations, donors, staff, volunteers, and board members, keeping them informed, motivated, and contributing to our vision.
This position functions as part of a team of program staff, including the Youth & Family Programs Coordinator: Ages 2-10, the Youth & Family Programs Coordinator: Ages 10-14, the Youth & Family Programs Coordinator: Ages 14-20, and the Youth & Family Programs Coordinator: Schools. The team is supported by facilitators and volunteers. As a team we like to approach our work collaboratively and, most often, with lots of snacks. This role will report to the Executive Director.
- Manage Financial, Internal, and Program-Generated Paperwork
- Oversee and Create Budgets
- Maintain Policies and Procedures
- Create and Maintain Google Team Drives
- Manage Orientations & Data
- Community Partnerships
- Develop New Partnerships with Community Organizations
- Maintain and Grow Current Partnerships with Community Organizations
- Oversee Collaborations with Community Organizations
- Develop, Implement, and Evaluate Programs
- Pride Festival
- Coordinate with Festival Steering Committee
- Develop and Oversee YFP Components of Center Zone, and YFP Parade Entry
- Support and Supervise the YFP Staff, Facilitators, and Interns
- Manage Crisis Responses and Interventions
- Coordinate and Collaborate with other UPC Directors and Managers
- Must be capable of empathy
- Must have work experience with young children, teens, and families
- Must have experience with LGBTQ+ identified individuals
- Strongly encouraged to be an LGBTQ+ identified individual
- Strongly encouraged to have mental health familiarity and training
Trainings Scheduled After Hire, Not Comprehensive:
- LGBTQ+ Youth Cultural Competency
- CPR/First Aid
- 40-hour Victim Advocates Training
- Youth Mental Health First Aid
- QPR Suicide Prevention or safeTALK
- Knowledge/familiarity with local resources
Compensation and Hours:
The Youth & Family Programs Director position is full-time benefited position. On average you will work 40 hours per week, however, you will be expected to work occasional events including the Utah Pride Festival, QPid’s Ball, Queer Prom, Youth Pride, HomoComing, and MasQueerade with appropriate compensation. You will be notified at least two weeks in advance of any upcoming events.
Utah Pride Center is a proudly queer, anti-racist, affirmative action employer. Our commitment is to provide and sustain a diverse work environment that reflects the community we serve. All employment decisions at UPC are based on professional needs, job requirements, and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV status, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in Utah state. If you need assistance or an accommodation during the application process because of a disability, it is available upon request. UPC is pleased to provide such assistance, and no applicant will be penalized as a result of such a request. Visit our website https://www.utahpridecenter.org/.
Candidates for employment at Utah Pride Center should be aware that this is a unique work environment in which topics of sexuality, sexual orientation, and gender identity are an integral part of our day to day community interactions. Individuals who are uncomfortable with such topics, discussions, and the occasional related graphic representations may choose not to work at UPC.
To apply for this position, please send your resume along with a cover letter to us at email@example.com