National Center for Transgender Equality — NCTE

Thank you for contacting the National Center for Transgender Equality (NCTE)! We are a national social justice organization, devoted to ending discrimination and violence against transgender people through public education and public policy advocacy. Please note that as a policy advocacy and public education organization, we do not provide legal advice, medical referral, or any other individual services.

Below are resource listings with answers to the most common questions NCTE receives. Due to high volume of requests, NCTE will only respond to this email if your question is not addressed by the resources available below. Responses may take up to 7 business days.

**Your life is valuable. If you are in crisis, please call 1-800-273-8255 or text “HOME” to 741-741**

If you have COVID related questions or concerns, please see our COVID resource website, which is constantly updated at:

For media inquiries please contact [email protected] or call 202-804-6046 and speak with David Farmer.

To make changes to your recurring donation or to update your supporter/donation information, in our system (including name or email changes), please contact Daniel Shad [email protected] or call 202-804-6059. For other donor inquiries, please contact Jami Westerhold, Development Director, at [email protected]

If you are trying to change your legal name or gender designation on a government-issued ID document, please review our ID Documents Center at For any issues that are not addressed by ID Documents Center, e leave an email and we will reply as soon as possible.

For more information regarding coverage for gender transition-related health care, please see our step-by-step Health Coverage Guide at We are unable to offer funding or suggestions related to funding.

If you are seeking legal assistance, please contact the organizations listed on the “Legal” section of our resource page at our Trans Legal Services Network at to request representation or seek legal advice.

If you are seeking support for a transgender person in jail or prison, please check out our Police, Jails, and Prisons page at and the “Incarceration” section of our resource page at

If you are seeking assistance on an immigration, refugee, or asylum issue for yourself or someone else, or a human rights violation in another country, please contact the appropriate organization listed on that section of our resource page at

If you are looking for more information about transgender people and issues which face the transgender community, please check out our “About Transgender People” web resource at, which contains a Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs) section, or the 2015 U.S. Transgender Survey. If you do not have time to sift through the 300+ page report, the executive summary will provide you with an overview of the findings at

1133 19th St NW
Suite 302
Washington D.C. 20036
ZIP Code
Scroll to Top

The Utah Pride Center needs your help to provide life-saving programs to utah's LGBTQ+ community!